- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PHI Learning Private Limited
- ISBN: 9788120334526, 8120334523
- Edition: 2nd Edition, 2008
- Pages: 300
Focused on fundamental concepts and practical applications, this book provides a strong foundation in the principles and terminology of computer networking and Internet technology. This thoroughly revised second edition, incorporating some of the latest technical features in networking, is suitable for introductory one-semester courses for undergraduate students of computer science and engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering, information technology, as well as students of computer applications (BCA and MCA).
This text begins with an overview of computer networking and a discussion on data communication. Then it proceeds to explain how computer networks such as local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) work, and how inter networking is implemented. Besides, the book provides a description of the Internet and TCP/IP protocol. With the prolific growth of networking, ‘network management and security’ has become an increa-singly important part of the academic curriculum. This topic has been ade-quately dealt with in a separate chapter. The practical aspects of networking, listing the essential requirements needed for actually setting up a computer network, are thoroughly explained in the final chapter of the book.
What Is New In The Second Edition
- Wireless LAN in Chapter 4
- API and Socket Programming and End-to-End Protocol in Chapter 7
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Protocol in Chapter 8
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Error reporting by ICMP
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) in Chapter 9
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
An appendix dealing with telephone networking, wireless networking, cellular networking and satellite and telemetry communication has been included to meet the requirements of the students.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Computer Networking—An Overview
Chapter 2 Electronic Communication of The Digital Data
Chapter 3 Basic Principles of Networking of Computers
Chapter 4 Transmission In Local Area Networks
Chapter 5 Switching And Forwarding In Wide Area Networking
Chapter 6 Inter Networking
Chapter 7 Internet And Tcp/Ip Protocol Suit
Chapter 8 Network Applications
Chapter 9 Network Management And Security
Chapter 10 Setting Up A Network
- Publication Year
- Sudakshina Kundu
- An order, once placed, can't be cancelled.
- Return and Replacement is subject to the Return Policy.
- For any other queries, do reach out to Jantacart Care at : [email protected]
- Light shipment are shipped by Ecomexpress and the minimum delivery time is 7days from the date of order processing.
- Heavy shipment are shipped by DELHIVERY/FedEx and the minimum delivery time is 10days from the date of order processing