- Language: English
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- ISBN: 9780195689624, 0195689623
- Edition: 1stEdition, 2008
- Pages: 1395
Oxford English-English-Hindi Dictionary has been compiled especially for that portion of the Hindi speaking population which aims at learning English.
Summary Of The Book
Oxford English-English-Hindi Dictionary is the first dictionary of its kind published by the Oxford University Press, carrying its rich tradition of publishing world-class dictionaries. The publications of the press are popular all over the world and are translated into several languages. The dictionary is useful for teachers, general readers and translators.
The dictionary includes more than 50,000 entries, and idioms and phrases. It not only covers general words in English, but also technical and scientific words. Its special feature is that it is region-oriented and contains words that are especially prevalent in the Indian subcontinent. A deep understanding of everyday idioms is quite useful for daily conversation in the English language. The revised edition has several new words over and above the previous editions.
The dictionary also contains accurate pronunciations of the words contained therein, both in English as well as in Hindi. It also contains synonyms and detailed meanings/definitions of the words in the dictionary. It also has elaborate explanations on the usage of the words, English vocabulary and English grammar.
Oxford English-English-Hindi Dictionary was published in 2008. It is a reference guide for the most important facets of the English language as it has been customized for the Indian subcontinent.
About The Authors
R. N. Sahai is a retired professor of linguistics from the Central Institute of Hindi, Agra.
Other books by R. N. Sahai are Oxford English Hindi Dictionary and Student’s English-Hindi Dictionary.
He has headed the Post Graduate Department of Sanskrit at DAV College in Dehradun in the past, and has written several works on lexicography. He has also been the co-author of other dictionaries from the Oxford University Press. He has also been a member of an Expert Committee at UNESCO that aims at teaching foreign languages.
S. Kumar is a Professor.
An authority on the subject of Translation Theory, Kumar has also been a professor of Linguistics at the Central Institute of Hindi in Agra. He has written extensively on Translation Theory, Practice and Stylistics.
- Publication Year
- DR S. KUMAR, DR R. N. SAHAI
- Source Language
- Translated to
- 160 inch
No Other Seller Selling this Product
- An order, once placed, can't be cancelled.
- Return and Replacement is subject to the Return Policy.
- For any other queries, do reach out to Jantacart Care at : [email protected]
- Light shipment are shipped by Ecomexpress and the minimum delivery time is 7days from the date of order processing.
- Heavy shipment are shipped by DELHIVERY/FedEx and the minimum expacted delivery time is 10days delay will be happens due to pickup and Shipment connectivity issues from the date of order processing
- All products inventory are managed by company Authorize distributor after their confirmation order will update and dispatche.